A number of items to update on;
1. We have had success with a funding bid for £5000 from East London Community Foundation. We put in for various activities & items including for more activities at this year’s Summer Fair. Monies are also there for a noticeboard, gazebos and a badgemaker. We are aiming to involve more community groups as well. The Friends committee will meet shortly to finalise the spending details.
2. Fairland Park Summer Party is booked for Sunday July 12th, 12-4pm.
3. Re-development update: Groundwork have been appointed project managers by the council and have now gone away to arrange tendering and deal with a mountain of regulation & paperwork. Groundwork aim to have a chosen developer onsite by October.
4. This website has just hit 3000 views or hits since inception. The main interest is in this post. Locally, interest is of course more with our events and funding.
5. Will announce a date for a Friends Group meeting soon which will concentrate largely on organising this years Summer Fair in the park.